If you’ve never watched an episode of HBO’s award-winning documentary series, Hard Knocks, it’s time to change that. Whether or not the NFL is your biggest interest when it comes to football – and we know that for most of us in Alabama it isn’t – is irrelevant. This show provides an inside look at the sport and the challenges facing both the coaches and athletes during training camp and preseason games. After watching for the past few years, we decided to outline five reasons why you should get in on the action of this year’s show, Hard Knocks: Training Camp with the Atlanta Falcons, premiering tonight at 9 p.m. CST.
1. What else are you going to watch right now? A mere two weeks away from the kickoff of college football season, we’re all itching for it to start. Hard Knocks is going to get you fired up for football, in every sense of the word.
2. Fantasy football… either you have a team or you have a significant other that has a team. The NFL dominates your Sundays and you need to make it more interesting. Watch Hard Knocks. You’ll be so attached to the team by the end of the show, before you know it you’ll be inadvertently cheering on game days when their receivers catch a 25-yard pass for a TD.
3. Hard Knocks is narrated by possibly one of the best voices of all time, Liev Schreiber. His style of narration is an art and it makes the show. If you need just one point of interest, this voice could pull you into the drama in 10 seconds flat.
4. NFL person or not, the way the show plays out is intense. You get immediately attached to the personalities of the coaches and the players under the demanding circumstances of training camp, something everyone can relate to in one way or another.
5. Finally, Hard Knocks is a grueling and real look into just how tough it is to make it in pro sports. It certainly makes us appreciate the hard work and dedication that these players commit to for love of the sport – and for our enjoyment. As usual, thanks HBO.